The CICS is an international lecture series organized by the Centre for Social Theory of the department of sociology at Ghent University, with the support of the Internationalisation@Home fund of the faculty of political and social science. The CICS welcomes three young and rising international scholars who will speak about their current work in the field of citizenship and participation.
- Friday 13 October, 10:00-11:30: ‘volunteerism on demand’, Ane Grubb (Aalborg University Copenhagen, DNK)
- Friday 10 November, 13:00-14:30: ‘donor perspectives on local and global blood and plasma use’, Zainab Afshan Sheikh (Copenhagen University, DNK)
- Friday 24 November, 13:00-14:30: ‘social bonds, intersectionality and relational sociology’, Greti-Iulia Ivana (Uppsala University, SVE)
All lectures take place in Filmplateau, Paddenhoek 3 at Campus AULA of Ghent University, admission is free and open to all interested audiences.
Alongside these public lectures, all three scholars will go into a more in-depth exchange of thought about their work during an informal research seminar that is open to all interested researchers and students. To register for this event, please send an email to Nathan Wittock (Nathan.Wittock@UGent.be).
- Ane Grubb: Thursday 12 October, 17:30-19:00
- Zainab Afshan Sheikh: Friday 10 November, 9:30-11:00
- Greti-Iulia Ivana: Thursday 23 November, 13:30-15:00
These seminars will take place in the meeting room on the first floor of the Communication Science department (Korte Meer 11).