Our energy system is undergoing a fundamental transition and end-users and other stakeholders undoubtedly play a role in that process. As part of an interdisciplinary team, we make use of integrated energy system analysis to collate knowledge from a variety of fields (technical, economic and socio-scientific) and to make it available for the purpose of policy-making and strategy development. With this position, we are seeking an expert to strengthen our team who has experience in the social aspects of the energy system, especially end-user behaviour, end-user participation, technology acceptance and investment behaviour.
- As an expert, you will support the development of Flemish and European energy and climate policy, focusing on the role of social stakeholders within the energy system.
- You will work in a team, but will also carry out research projects independently and will be able to identify routes for new developments.
- You actively expand your knowledge of energy efficiency and renewable energy policy on the basis of literature, courses and on-the-job experience. Within your area of expertise, you will actively follow the trends and studies carried out by other research institutions and universities.
- You contribute to the writing of tenders and research proposals, assist with seeking out funding opportunities for proposals, and undertake projects on a national and international level focusing on the further development of the existing models.
- You report the results of research to our clients (Flemish and European) and to the scientific community.
More info: https://vito.be/en/jobs/feedjobs-21900
- You hold a Master’s degree or a PhD in a relevant subject.
- You are familiar with the conceptual frameworks related to user behaviour and socio-technical and societal system innovation.
- You are passionate about international energy and climate policy.
- You have experience with qualitative research methods (interviews, stakeholder participation) and stakeholder and multi-criteria analysis, and you are able to easily establish links with quantitative methods.
- Preferably, you have experience with statistical and simulation models, more specific social simulation and agent-based models.
- You have an excellent style of writing that you apply in research reports and peer-reviewed publications, but are also able to translate results into usable policy advice.
- You are a flexible team player with strong communication skills.
- You are client-orientated and creative.
- You are fluent in English (verbal and written). Knowledge of Dutch is an advantage.