With Erik Fisher, Arizona State University, Editor-in-Chief Journal of Responsible Innovation
21 June: 10am-12pm – KU Leuven conferentiezaal HIVA lokaalnummer 00.11 – Parkstraat 47, 3000 Leuven
You are cordially invited to participate in this interactive workshop on Responsible Research and Innovation (RRI) with Erik Fisher (Arizona State University, Editor-in-Chief Journal of Responsible Innovation). Drawing on his experiences with science policy making and socio-technical integration research, Erik Fisher will present the contours of RRI in Europe and the USA and discuss its implications for science policy and practice. After this introduction, workshop participants will be invited to discuss with him accomplishments, limitations, and possible futures of RRI.
Guiding questions for joint reflection and debate include:
- How has RRI evolved since its introduction in science policy and practice? How is RRI changing?
- What are practical cases of RRI and what do we learn from them?
- Does RRI align with the EC’s new vision of ‘Open Science’ and ‘Open Innovation’?
- How can/should we imagine RRI in the years ahead?
- How and why should scholars (specifically STS researchers) engage with RRI?
Themes and issues raised in the workshop will help to define and scope an upcoming special issue on RRI Futures, to be published in the Journal of Responsible Innovation.
Participation is free of charge but registration is mandatory before 17 June. Please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org